Hey all,

I'm in the process of creating a "standard base" 4-level Suckerfish menu that
is 100% compatible with FF, IE6/7/8, Opera and Safari (Win)..... (for the sake
of argument, let's not go into details why other browsers should be supported
too..... this is what's on my plate for now) that I can use as a reference for
whenever I need such a menu.

Everything seems to work, EXCEPT this dreaded IE6 flicker bug and I can't seem
to fix it for some stupid reason. I've tried the following:

1. image as background of the anchor tag
2. image as background of the listitem
3. image as background of both ("double-buffered")

All three versions call the JS code that's mentioned on
http://www.mister-pixel.com/#Content__state=is_that_simple but to no avail.....
The image keeps flickering in IE6. I'm sure I'm overlooking something real
easy, but I can't figure it out. I would appreciate it if someone could take a
look and let me know.

For this example I removed all deeper levels of the menu, so you can just focus
on the images and hover states.

http://www.marksenff.com/help/suckerfish/files/1_image_in_anchor.html
http://www.marksenff.com/help/suckerfish/files/1_image_in_anchor.css

http://www.marksenff.com/help/suckerfish/files/2_image_in_listitem.html
http://www.marksenff.com/help/suckerfish/files/2_image_in_listitem.css

http://www.marksenff.com/help/suckerfish/files/3_double_buffered.html
http://www.marksenff.com/help/suckerfish/files/3_double_buffered.css

JS file (also contains code for IE6 sfhover):
http://www.marksenff.com/help/suckerfish/ie6_fixes.js

To see the error in action, you will need to change your IE6 settings:
Tools - Internet Options - Temporary Internet Files Settings - Every visit to
the page

Really, am I doing something wrong or did I totally forget something?

Thanks for your help in advance!

mS