On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 00:53:15 -0700
Came this utterance fomulated by liketo findoutwhy to my mailbox:

> to simply add two quote images around some text. seems quite simple at
> first but turns out all the obvious solutions are not as desirable as
> a perfect solution:
>
> please see
> http://www.0011.com/css/quote.html
>
> basically, Style 1 is just inlining the image, text, and image.
>
> Style 2 is using a table.
>
> Style 3 is using images as background.
>
> None of them actually is perfect... it seems so easy at first...
> anyone know a way to make it work at all? thanks.

I think the trailing span will work in IE if you do it with
"display: inline-block;". Untested as i am on my Linux box.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416