On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:41:45 -0000, MEM wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> This is my first post, any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> I'm a CSS total newbie, so please, have patience.
>

> Ok. Yes I know this is the old table design déjà vu and we must avoid it
> etc... etc...
>
> I know we maybe have a .js solution (I don't want it thank you).
>
> I know about faux columns, but that doesn't allow me to play with the
> pseudo-left and
> pseudo-right columns border witdh, because we... we don't have them. So...

[...]

Hi Talofo,

We all feel your pain. Please be aware that this is not a weakness
of CSS, but of browser support. All browsers save one implement
table display properties that provides an easier solution in many
cases.

Hang in there. IE 8 promises to bring Microsoft into the 21st century
by supporting table display in CSS. :)

Meanwhile we have to jump through hoops to provide for the care
and feeding of Internet Explorer. Sorry.

Cordially,
David