Edward Collier wrote:
> I'm relatively new to CSS and I'm really enjoying the challenge of
> separating content from presentation.  However, I'm wondering how
> pure one "ought" to be.

As pure as you can manage, while checking that all slightly older
browsers that you think you have to support actually understand you.
Impurities may add up and make styling and maintenance harder than it
need to be, so only add extras when you can't make it work otherwise.

No need to add extra classes unless you have more than one element of
the same type inside a container you can use to target your element via.

So based on your source-code, the following...

.formcontent legend {font-weight:bold}

...should give you a bold legend-text.

This will work as well...

fieldset legend {font-weight:bold}

...but it depends on what else you have in your page(s). All legends in
all fieldsets will get bold text, you know, but that's all.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no