Good evening Gunlaug,

It was foretold that on 08/11/2008 @ 00:08:20 GMT+0100 (which was
21:08:20 where I live) Gunlaug Sørtun would write:

<snipped a bit>

> Or the other way around: using an em/em based IE-expression and let IE6
> use the existing 'em' dimensions the same way other browsers do.
> Of course, this means moving all font-sizing inwards from html and body,
> as otherwise IE6 will pick up _your_ font-sizes instead of its own.

Yeah, i know that from your page: em/em based requires no font
setting on the html or body :-)

For the sake of sanity: i have set a px width on the container in the
ie.css and low and behold: no drop anymore :-)

> I think you need to read my article one more time...
> <http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_additions_14.html>
> ...as all these issues for each expression-variant are explained there.

The beg, steal and borrow part i already know... the understanding
part is something else... but i'm trying to stay on course :-)

--
Best regards,
 Luc

Using the best e-mail client: The Bat! version 4.0.18 with Windows XP
(build 2600), version 5.1 Service Pack 2 and using the best browser:
Opera.

"He that is taken and put into prison or chains is not conquered,
though overcome; for he is still an enemy." - Thomas Hobbes
(1588–1679) - British philosopher