The link color and most of the properties are being superceded by the
following declarations in your cla.css :-

#banner ul {
    list-style:none;
    position:absolute;
    right:55px;
    top:66px;
}

#banner li {
    display: inline;
    margin-left: 10px;
}
#banner li a {
    color: #0033CC;
    text-decoration: none;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    font: .8em "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif;
}

You can make the #menu selector declarations more specific by adding a
#banner in front of it. (eg: #banner #menu ul)

Read more about specificity here -
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/cascade.html#specificity

I'm not sure why you are trying to position the elements at all. Few changes
in the markup, and you could do without positioning.

I'm not great with em based markup and since no one has replied for few
hours now, I thought you could use some of my 2 cents.

- Mustafa