David Hucklesby wrote:

> As far as I know, there is no way to get IE 5 - 6 have the oversize
> element overflow the container the way it ought. Anyone?

day ago, and you'll find the way to make IE 5 - 6 behave as intended.

"IE's bug is that elements with 'position: relative' declared on them
will overflow containers with 'overflow: hidden' declared - visibly but
without taking up space."

IE7 actually works that way, so it's quite possible that the IE-team
used the bug to cover up for other bugs. Doesn't work in accordance with
CSS standards though.

One can also pull in backside margins on content-elements, so IE 5 - 6
don't "auto-expand" to their real size.

regards
        Georg
--