David Hucklesby wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 20:00:21 -0500, Ron Koster wrote:
>
>> At 10:02 AM 2/13/2009 -0800, David Hucklesby wrote:
>>
>>> I find that these percentages work best
>>> cross-browser: 69%, 75%, 82%, 94% ... with a base font-size of 100%.
>>>

> [...]
>
>> Firstly, from past threads, my understanding is that one shouldn't be going
>> any smaller than 100% -- or at least should try not to -- if only to be in
>> keeping with whatever it is that any particular user has set their own
>> settings at, so wouldn't going as small as 69% (or whatever) be *too* small?
>>

> For the main content, yes, I agree. But side notes, copyright notices,
> and the "small print" I'd use the smaller sizes, although I avoid smaller
> than 75% myself.

Matters of opinion abound. Mine is: No need for anything below 90%. Cope
with side notes, disclaimers, copyright, not as small print, but as a
diminished value (as in black and white). As, for example, main content
on #fff at #000, lessor content at #222, and even lessor content at #333.

As ever,
Helen

PS Did I mention I am blind in one eye, and can't see out the other ;-) ?

--

A thin red line and a salmon-color ampersand forthcoming.

http://chelseacreekstudio.com/