--- On Mon, 3/23/09, Robert O'Rourke <r...@sanchothefat.com> wrote:

> The page is at http://www.sanchothefat.com/dev/tc/ and the
> unwanted
> space is at the bottom of the page in the latest Firefox
> and Opera but
> not in Safari or Chrome.

As ever, Firebug is your friend. The extra space is not a margin, but the
slightly strange image at the end of your document. The one with an ID of "1"
which, BTW, is invalid.

I'm not sure what's inserting that, but it seems wordpress related (maybe a
plugin) and I think must happen via javascript, since I can't see it in the
source document. The image itself is an animated 'throbber', of the sort
popular for ajax notification.

I'm also not quite sure who's interpreting the CSS correctly; the image is
'off-screen', but only in the horizontal direction. Setting "top" to 0, for
example, removes the additional space (but I'm not necessarily suggesting this
as a complete solution!)

Hope that helps,

- Bobby