On 15/04/2009, at 8:10 AM, Brian Hazelton wrote:

> When should I use an image and when should i use it as a background
> image.

If an image is purely decorative, it makes sense to utilise css
background techniques and keep it out of the content flow. If on the
other hand it's an integral part of the page information - say a
photo of the rooms in an apartment to be rented, product photo or
illustration, location map etc, then it makes sense to have it as an
img in the content, along with appropriate alt (and optionally title
and long description tags).

However I think may be more appropriate for discussion on webdesign-l
(http://webdesign-L.com/)?

Regards,
KathyW.