Hi,

I am having trouble with several things in IE with a site I'm working
on and seek some advice. I'm still grappling with a few areas of css
so the issues may be simple, but I just can't see them!

Please look at http://www.webanz.com/webanz_new/index3.php.
Stylesheets:
http://www.webanz.com/webanz_new/styles/layout.css
http://www.webanz.com/webanz_new/styles/layout_ie.css
http://www.webanz.com/webanz_new/CSSMenuWriter/cssmw/menu.css
http://www.webanz.com/webanz_new/CSSMenuWriter/cssmw/menu_ie.css

I'm working on a Mac and also have a PC running XP and IE 6. I have
run the site through browsershots.org and looks like I'm getting
various results particularly in IE 7+ .

The issues I see are:

1. IE 6 and down to 5.0:
The layout renders basically the same as in Safari and FF (Mac) but
the top horizontal (brown) navigation bar is supposed to have sub-
menu dropdown items which aren't working. Any ideas what is causing
this? I've had several attempts at fixing it, as you will see in the
menu_ie.css stylesheet.

2. IE 7 on XP and FF on Win 2000
Have layout issues and drops the left hand background panel down the
page. And renders the text in the top horizontal navigation bar in a
dark colour!

3. IE 8
Has a few issues with not centering items in the left hand side
panel, and also renders the text in the upper hor navbar in a dark
colour.

Is there some obvious issues I'm not aware of here that can easily be
addressed? I take it that it has something to do with hasLayout?

Any guidance, pointers, solutions would save me what's left of my hair!

Regards,
David