Hi David,

> re: rough layout <http://chelseacreekstudio.com/dl/>
>
> On landing, the text-image "style," (Zapfino-- top of the left column)
> does not appear.
> On a drag to a narrower -- or wider -- window, the text-image will appear.
> Reproducible: always.
>
> The text-image should always appear on landing regardless of the window
> width. And does so in all my other Mac/Parallels XP .
>
> Can anyone reproduce Chrome's bad behavior in native XP/Vista?

FWIW, I've reproduced it on a Chromium build for Linux (3.0.187.0).

When I inspect the image when it's not visible, Chromium shows the
following under 'Computed Style':

  display: block;
  float: right;
  height: 0px;
  margin-top: 10px;
  max-width: 96%;
  overflow-x: hidden;
  overflow-y: hidden;
  width: 0px;

Note the zero height and width. After resizing the window, the now
visible image has the following computed style:

  display: block;
  float: right;
  height: 198px;
  margin-top: 10px;
  max-width: 96%;
  overflow-x: hidden;
  overflow-y: hidden;
  width: 205px;

Height and width are now computed correctly. Perhaps setting the
values manually in your CSS will fix the issue?

Regards,

Maarten

--
Privateer Software Development (www.privateer-software.nl)
* web usability, web accessibility, web development