David Hucklesby wrote:

> ... I suggest you make the link container,
> probably an LI, a fixed width, and take out any padding to the left and
> right of the text. Give the link text "breathing room" to expand, at
> least to the entire width of its container. That way, differences in
> text size and font widths will have a less detrimantal effect on your
> design.

I agree with you that your suggestion is the preferred option, but
the menu items range from 5 to 20 characters (with spaces, some of
them). The text of those items is not negotiable with the client so
I don't see that getting very far. I suppose the other option is to
use images instead of text, I don't like that option. It isn't as
SEO-friendly as text links and SEO-friendliness is important.

Reese