Thanks for all your answers about screen resolution! I never imagined
it was so complicated.

I have a new challenge. In CSS, is it possible to get an image to be
cropped off on both sides? Or in print language, to "bleed" on both
sides?
On my homepage, I want the ornaments on both sides of my name to get
cropped off by the sides of the browser window. I tried
"width='120%'"  but that didn't do it. I tried setting a negative
value for the left and right, but that didn't work either (and
probably couldn't be expected to, as the math doesn't make sense).

Here is the page in question (under construction, obviously):
http://suziblade.com/lalenafisher/index_css.html

On some monitors, depending on settings, I got it to work by making
the size of the image larger than the probable window width. But that
isn't reliable, since monitor settings vary:
www.lalenafisher.com

Thanks for any ideas!
Lalena