David Laakso wrote:
> Brian M. Curran wrote:
>
>> Marc or anyone else,
>> However, I can't get the text for class .columnTitle to center align. If I
>> set padding and margin for h3 to zero and then text-align: center; it works.
>> However when I add the class it doesn't work. I added the class because I
>> want three of the four columns to have a center aligned h3.
>> Sincerely,
>> Brian Curran
>>

> The headings h1 through h6 are used to create an outline (like the kind
> we all made in school) of a documents content. Consequently, h2 follows
> h1, h3 follows h2, and so on. Most Web documents have only one h1 (as
> it is usually the title of the document).  You may have as many h2
> through h6 as you need. CSS is used to set their look and feel. A class
> is only needed to distinguish a specific difference  -- for example, you
> have 47 h2 headings,  only 3 of which should be red (  those 3 get:
> h2.c1 {color: red}).

re: <http://www.locallaw11news.com/>

Good! Its better as of this writing. Want to push it?

This:
<h1>Local Law 11 News <span class="header"> and all things related to
Local Law 11 </span></h1>
Becomes:
<h1>Local Law 11 News <b>and all things related to Local Law 11</b></h1>
h1 b {font-size: your-call; font-weight: normal;}

This:
<h3>What is Local Law 11?</h3>
Becomes:
<h2>What is Local Law 11?</h2>

This:

Becomes:
CSS
#credit p {your call}

These (and the ones at the very bottom of that column):
Local Law 11, in a nutshell, is a New York City Department of Buildings
law that ...............<br />
This article has been written to serve as a brief primer on Local Law
11. For more .................<br />
Become:
Buildings law that ...............</p>
11. For more .................</p>

These:
Local Law 11 is referred to in many different............<br />
Become:
<h4>What's the history of Local Law 11?</h4>
CSS
h4 {your call}

These:
<h5>Articles</h5>
<h5>Topics</h5>
<h5>Advertisers</h5>

And:
Everyone screen does not default to a white screen (my default is
fuchsia to keep myself from making this mistake).
add:
html, body {background: #fff; color: #000; }
This will keep the NYC Web "Accessibility Police" from shutting you down:
body {
     /*font-size: small; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;*/
font: 100%/1.4 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;
    }
Let the p inherit 100%(default) and set  h1-h5 using percent.
You may want to make the narrow columns a little wider and adjust the nav (

Good luck.
~d