On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 2:21 PM, David Dorward <dorw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/11/11 Alan Gresley <a...@css-class.com>:
>> Hello, Michael, since iframe is a deprecated inline element.
>
> Iframe is not deprecated (although is discouraged).

If you are using the strict version of HTML 4.01, then iframes aren't
even a part of HTML. i.e. iframes isn't defined as an element.  There
are valid alternative ways to update an image with a click.

If one is using HTML 4.01 Transitional, then iframes are an option. A
very buggy option depending what you want to do and what versions of IE
must be supported. The one reason I can think of that could defend using
iframes is if one has taken the step to use HTML 5, i its current state.
Even then I don't think it's the best solution for updating an image
with a click.

iframes in HTML 5 are to be used when "Where embedded content is
expected." (Quote: http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-
semantics.html>. Is this really the context here?