I would like, for design reasons, to float an image
to the bottom-right of a page's content (which will
be textual by the time we reach bottom right).  There
seem to have been many many enquiries in the past as
to whether this is possible, and as far as I can tell,
the answer has invariably been "no" (although there
are some combined JavaScript/CSS techniques that appear
to work).  My question is therefore whether CSS has
yet evolved to the point where such positioning is
possible, using modern browsers ?  I appreciate that
I can position a background-image in this way, but
of course the text does not flow around background
images, and for reasons of accessibility I would
like to present the text on a plain background.

http://web-consultants.org.uk/sites/Terpsichore/About-us.asp
illustrates the approximate placement of the image,
but as that page uses a background-image, the text
does not flow around it as desired.

http://web-consultants.org.uk/sites/Terpsichore/
illustrates the same image placed clear of the text,
but only co-incidentally aligning with the bottom
of the page (if the content were longer, the image
would remain top-right).

Philip Taylor