Thanks all for your opinions.

My need to utilize noscript tags or something similar stems from the exact
problem mentioned here - styles won't kick in fast enough when adding ".js"
to the body or some other method. For example, in my js degraded version, I
need to have product details displayed for every product, whereas when js is
enabled, they should be hidden and triggered to display by a click. Using
the add ".js" method would cause a flash of the product details to occur
before the DOM is ready, which is the only time it would be safe to append
class .js to the body (or wrapper, or whatever). This is why i had to dream
up my unholy method in the first place.

Given that, any other suggestions?

Interesting note about js blocking - I guess we can't code for all
situations, though, if our designers haven't an idea about these kinds of
things (which is unfortunately my situation).

Jess Jacobs
aki...@gmail.com
http://www.akisma.com