Theophan Dort wrote:
>> A fast and dirty suggestion. Nothing wrong with using a dl I guess. I just
>> did it different.
>>

> It works -- it's perfect!  I have to study up on that overflow hidden that
> seems to be a key in how it works even when the text in one div is short.
> I'll go back to my books, and if I can't figure it out, I'll ask again.
>
> MANY thanks!
>
> Theophan

O.K. This stuff drives me nuts.
<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html>
see css2.1-- block formatting context
9.4.1 Block formatting contexts
"Floats, absolutely positioned elements, inline-blocks, table-cells,
table-captions, and elements with 'overflow' other than 'visible'
(except when that value has been propagated to the viewport) establish
new block formatting contexts."

Best,
~d

--