Thierry Koblentz wrote:
[snip]
>> Ok, I see. He want IE6- to render a page like it antiquated or ugly. I
>> totally agree but this has to be a top down banishment of IE6-. The
>> governments and the corporations of this world have to inform the
>> masses (by whatever medium) that there are 100s of thousands of web
>> designers pleading for users to stop using IE6-. This does require
>> large scale activism.
>
> I don't understand why people think it is just a matter of choice for the
> end user.
> I'm not for serving pixel perfect designs - or even identical look - across
> browsers, but I'm not for "punishing" IE6 users either.
> I'm sorry, but this makes no sense to me...
>

> --
> Regards,
> Thierry
> www.tjkdesign.com | articles and tutorials
> www.ez-css.org | ultra light CSS framework

I thinking more in the lines of how Georg handles IE6.

<http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_additions_50.html>

A large segment of coded pages across the web can render the same in a
compliant browser or IE6-. Anyway, I find (with my code) that what
usually bugs IE6- out also has the same problems in IE7 and it really
has more to do with poor or incorrect support for CSS2.1. A layout
such as this is a no go in IE7-.

<http://css-class.com/articles/explorer/floats/floatandcleartest1.htm>

Progressive Enhancement or Graceful Degradation has never really taken
off due to the presence of IE6 and IE7. I have only really archived
Progressive Enhancement or Graceful Degradation with different
versions of non IE browsers. I guess it will be different with IE8 and
IE9.

For an extreme case of wanting users to use IE8 or other good browsers
is this family tree done with ordered list and display:table.

<http://css-class.com/test/demos/genealogy/generations1.htm>

This is to replace this method using Excel spreadsheet which does not
work in non IE browsers (the hyperlinks don't work for starters). BTW,
view the source.

<http://contueor.com/fam_trees/amos.htm>

To save me duplication, I would really appreciate users to be using
IE8 so I can code it with a text editor and generate the layout with CSS.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/