Chris Blake suggested:

>The best editor for Mac OSX is Coda by Panic. It uses the Safari
>render engine (webkit) from your mac to preview your pages.
>http://www.panic.com/coda/

I may take this route and use Coda, but I am still thinking about it.
Perhaps I could use it for a small project during the demo period and
see how I actually like working in it. I do most development time in
Netbeans, but I do like to be able to see the effect my CSS code gets
right away. I also like integrated file and link handling.

>The next step is to use the firebug extension in firefox which is just
>a godsend for testing things on the fly.
I use this and Firebug too. The only real drawback is when you click on
a link by mistake and lose your edit.