Hi All, me again.

http://rorybernstein.com/francesca_proto/book1.html

So, I now have a new page. On the URL above, I have 2 problems:

1. I want the div called #book_images to have the images it containts to sit on
the bottom of that div (bottom aligned). I tried changing the position to
absolute and using bottom: 0; but it does not work; it puts the whole div in a
totally different place (moves it up and almost totally out of the window).
Here's the rules for that div now (the blue border is just so you can see it
better):
#book_images {
position: relative;
border: 1px solid blue;
width: auto;
overflow: hidden;
}

2. I want that same div to always be just as wide as it needs to be to contain
whatever images might be there, as they go out horizontally to the right. If
the images are fewer, I don't want the page to scroll out farther than it needs
to go. Currently, its parent-parent container (#nav_item_container) has a fixed
width; if I don't use this fixed width, the whole div moves down under #nav.
And, I don't want to break the layout if the images that get put in there
exceed that width. How do I code this for a variable width in the best way?
Part of the trouble seems to be that my #nav div has to have a fixed width
(200px), because it has text in in that I want to wrap if that text gets longer
(don't want the text in there to push that div wider). So, since that has a
fixed width, the layout gets messed up if I don't set a fixed width for the
parent-parent div. Am I being unreasonable to expect that I can have a changing
width for this div, and that they will always keep going out to the right, and
keep the scrollbars to always fit to the existing width of the images, even as
that changes? This will go into a CMS and the client will have the freedom to
put a lot of images in there, and I want it to work at whatever width those
images turn out to be.

Thanks in advance,
Rory