Thanks to everyone that has helped me I have done this web page with out a
table in site.
It looks OK in FF but I have some issues in IE6 & 8 and I need to have it
supported in IE.
I did validate both the page and the CSS and that is good to go.
In IE there is a white border on both sides of the header. I have both the
header container and the image at 100%. Tried changing them both to 800px, (the
size of the page) but did not help. Border and padding are set to 0 in both so
I can't think what is causing it.

I also have a problem with the footer. The container div is at 100% to push the
footer down but then to push the footer up to the bottom of the page in FF I
had to do a negative margin. This looks OK in FF even though the footer is
below the fold of the page. I have yet to add all the content to the page so
that may not matter.
The problem in IE is that I have a really wide bottom below the graphics even
thought the footer is set to 65px height. I suspect there is a better way to
handle this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Any suggestions for improving my CSS
would be welcome as I think I might have a case of div-itious but for the most
part it seems to work.

http://www.tristateadvantage.com/woolynpurses/index.html
http://www.tristateadvantage.com/woolynpurses/woolynstyles.css

Kris J