Top of the evening!

Noob here. I'm trying to display the work section on my page by having the
given project's slideshow appear sliding in to the center of the work
section.
If the user selects a different project from the list on the left, the
current project's slideshow slides away for the newly selected project's
slideshow to appear.

What technique is recommended here? A parent slider to house all the
projects and then individual sliders for each project?

I've danced around google, css3 animation & jquery tutorials with little
luck. Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Cheers,
Hoyd B.