>> Brian M. Curran wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> Well, it's a beautiful evening here in NYC. It's quite hot, and it looks
>>> like a thunderstorm might break the heat. It's good weather to work on
>>> my
>>> website. ...So... Am I chasing a fantasy in trying to get these curly
>>> quotes to work in all the browsers? Here's my test page:
>>>

>> It's a similarly "beautiful" day in Indiana, and I've been working on my
>> website all day, so I'll take a crack at yours for a change of pace.
>>
>> Is there a browser currently doing this "right," so I can tell what
>> you're
>> after?  I think it's wrong in Chrome.
>>
>> ---Tim

 Thanks if you have a minute Tim. I had to run to the store for a second,
 hence the delay on this email. ...I just started doing the curly quotes in
 Explorer, and they were coming out good when I realized that they may not
 look the same in the other browsers. ...So, in Explorer they look about how
 I'd like them. I was just going for the look of large quotes somewhere
 reasonably placed at the start and end of each one of my quotes. Nothing
 complicated. I'd prefer to use CSS instead of an image. ...I need to take a
 look at David's response now.

 Brian