A strange thanks for your reply David. You have indirectly fixed my problem. In
the process of stripping everything out to enable you to take a look, I
realised that I had not applied a width to the div which was producing my IE7
background problem. Of course, give it a width and IE7 background displays
perfectly. Thanks. John.