On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Philippe Wittenbergh <e...@l-c-n.com> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, did you try 2D transforms in Gecko based browsers ? And if
> yes, what exactly were the issues, apart from translateZ ?  [...]

Hi Philippe,

thanks for the feedback and a big thank you for solving the
"hasLayout" hassle together with Ingo ;-)

Safari 5 on XP renders the demo as a flat icon, similar to Chrome 5/6
Dev. As far as I know translateZ is due to be implemented in the final
Chrome 6 [1].

My preferred browser is Firefox (mostly because of Firebug) and my
first attempt was to solve it using 2.5D transforms [2] but it's still
limited compared to the webkit examples I saw [32]. NTL, I'm glad to
get your feedback and highly welcome hints in the right direction if
I'm wrong.

Kind regards,
Andreas

[1]