Felix Miata wrote:

> For ideas on what people have:
> http://www.codestyle.org/css/font-family/sampler-CombinedResultsFull.shtml

This is a very useful resource, Felix, but a comment
and a question :

1) The "Platform" icon completely passed my notice.
I am not a native speaker of Iconish, and would see
the "Platform" field far more easily if it were
textual.  As it is, I spent some considerable time
trying to work out on what basis you had concluded
that Lucida Grande had 100% coverage, and it was
only when I copied and pasted the relevant line into
an earlier draft of this message that the word
"Mac[intosh]" appeared :-(

2) The font sampler page can give very misleading
impressions.  I looked at the Lucida Grande page and
thought it was excellent, wondering why my earlier
attempts to use Lucida Grande as browser default
had produced such sub-optimal results.  I then
realised that I have removed Lucida Grande from
this machine for that very reason, so what I was
seeing was in a browser default font and not in
Lucida Grande.  Would it be possible to include
a JavaScript fragment early that can report in
which font a sample page is actually being rendered ?

Philip Taylor