On 22/07/2010, at 10:40 PM, Climis, Tim wrote:

>> i'd be more than greatful for any kind of ctiticism.
>
> It'd be nice if there was some kind of clue that there are links on
> the first page.  I don't know that most people will discover that a
> few random letters produce hover effects.

I heard something interesting the other day - as i have a new friend
that has done loads of crazy flash things for some pretty massive
brands. it went something along the lines of..
the big brands are corporate weazels but in bid to keep face they will
execute something that is hard to navigate, kinda weird and so on. the
theory, cos it has to be money after all they re corporate scum, is
that the rich will look at this quirky thing - think that they 'get
it' because they are that brand. but do they really know what the
artist is doing - does it really serve a purpose?

anyhow, the page is humble and intriguing. I found it easy enough and
although i remember the first time not being too impressed once ur in
and u see the rest of the quirkiness then it works - if u have
ventured this far then u are the right kind of person to be viewing.
if not u wouldnt have even bothered looking. I think it's kid of cool
- exclusive in a way. it is something i am battling with designing my
own.

there are peple, clients that aren't scared of the new, my dig my
style, might even oay me to spend time dreaming and being an artist
once more but then there is always the majority looking for functiona
nd surely there is a template that makes them say 'OK'.

it's toss up - but in a way presenting my cirporate work on an
slightly quirky, original site shows that iam capable - but left to my
own devices (is that the word?) I wouldn't bother - unless I was
learning something new in the process.