On 2010/08/24 20:21 (GMT-0700) Francesco composed:

> Looking for feedback on a design I'm almost done with.  Don't bother
> testing functionality, nothing is active yet except for some simple
> validation on the login and register pages.  Just click links and let
> me know what you think of the look and feel.  FYI - the only product
> right now is under Baby - Boys - Pullovers.  Mostly looking for
> feedback on the product page and the cart page, general layout, and
> navigation.

> Site is built using ASP.NET 4.0, ASP.NET MVC 2.0, SQL Server 2008,
> using an MVVM pattern.

> http://blackcoil.com/classychild

Viewed only in FF4.0b2.

The bottom 75% of the words gifts and help are fully obscured by home01.jpg.

4 items...register are all but invisible due to lack of contrast. Join our
email list is marginally better.

The facebook & twitter icons measure about 5mm X 5mm. The only way to know
what they are is to look at the statusbar on hover. The cart icon is worse,
maybe 2mm X 3mm.

Width of cart page is about half the width of my viewport, looks like needs
to be at least 50% wider. Longer titles in left column require two rows to
fit the text.

All content below help in left column is functionally invisible microscopic
text.

Boy's pullover sweater is about 4cm X 4cm until clicked, marginally bigger
after clicked, not big enough to see any detail to speak of.

I don't think I'd use the word bag on the add to shopping button. Home page
uses word cart, so I'd stick with that.

Overall it's a whole lot better than the average shopping site, largely
because most text is legible, and the look is relatively uncluttered.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/