On 9/11/10 8:16 AM, Yogesh Agashe wrote:
Hello,

I am developing a website where we deal with lot of thumbnail images
which are almost always scaled down or up.

I use ubuntu 10.04 and have observed that images which are scaled
down look very poor in Firefox, which is not the case with Google
Chrome. Also images in IE7 on windows xp look very poor as well. I
was wondering what are various options that work cross-browser when
scaling images .

Any help or pointers on this are much appreciated.

This should help out IE 7 -

img { -ms-interpolation-mode: bicubic; }

You'd be better off scaling them beforehand, though. You do know that
you can use server-side processing to scale images, yes?

Cordially,
David