On 16/09/2010, at 1:38 AM, Climis, Tim wrote:

I have got over my fear of sending a ink to the site so you can see that
it's level 3, from the websites drop down that could be improved by
centering vertically.

http://blakeys.com/

/* this is the box that actually lays out the interior of level 2. It was hard to find through all the extra stuff. */
.group-box2 {
overflow: hidden; /* this makes the div have the height of the internal box (all the contents are floated, so it has no height by default. */ position: relative; /* this makes it the parent for the level3 absolute positioning */
}

.level3 {
 position: absolute; /* position relative to group-box2 */
 top: 50%; /* top goes in the middle of the group-box2 */
margin-top: -2.8em; /* since the ul is 4 lines of text, this is half the height of the ul (assuming no vertical margins or padding, and a default line-height of 1.2em) */ width: 41%; /* makes the highlight go to the edge of the box -- needs some tweaking */
}

Also, it looks like you have a whole lot of really useless divs in here. I don't see the point of groupboxes 3, 4, or 5, or hoverboxes 2, 3, or 4. And this solution makes div.sub useless as well.

---Tim

Hi Tim,

yeh it's from a template that i have ripped apart in both CSS and template.php. I've tried to strip it but some of the includes are just appearing form thin air. I was ging to create it as I want ti and then ask the developers how much to strip it of all the unneeded scripts. It is however built on an unbelievable frame work - i just wish the designs weren't so bloggy and fluffed up.

I'll give this code a try now and let you know. Cheers!

CB