On 2010/12/18 10:43 (GMT-0500) "G.Sørtun" composed:

New browsers can zoom whole pages, and that's enough to test for
regular  window-size weaknesses. Most new browsers also have one or more
forms of font resizing, and that's usually enough to test for such
resizing weaknesses.

1: I always test in the original "page-zoom" browser, Opera, and also
set its 'minimum font size' to '32'.
- On my system 'm.f.s = 32' equals 200% of browsers' default font size,
which equals WCAG recommendation - as I read it. *

Note that the impact of 32px minimum font size (or 24px, which is not in fact the Firefox limit) and setting the browser's default to 32px (or 24px, which can be larger in Firefox via about:config) cannot be expected to have equivalent impact, particularly if you set container widths in px instead of em or rem. Page zoom will stretch those px widths, while larger than 16px default browser settings will not.

It's nice for these cases that 32px is considered twice 16px, because in fact the nominal CSS sizes are not real sizes, but, as in the print world, merely heights. Physically, 32px (1024 dots/char) is four times 16px (256 dots/char).

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/