On 1/11/11 2:48 PM, Sandy wrote:
I am trying to come up with a style sheet for a site I am working on that addresses small devices.

Here is a typical page:
http://cantoraccess.com/aboutus/aboutus.html

Here are style sheets:
http://cantoraccess.com/css/ca.css
http://cantoraccess.com/css/menu.css
http://cantoraccess.com/css/small_device.css

it looks fine on the simulators I've tried:
http://iphonetester.com/
http://app.protofluid.com/

but when I use browsercam to take screen shots on most devices the font size gets really, really small.

I signed up with up a browsercam group for the same reason and, frankly, this has proven to be a waste of money and a grave disappointment.

http://www.browsercam.com/public.aspx?proj_id=539598

So - few questions.
Are there simulators out there that are more reliable in showing what shows up on the various devices?

The OperaMini "simulator" is quite good. <http://www.opera.com/mobile/demo/ >Viewing the page in a small window in Safari and WebKit is very helpful. Same in Opera. Best is to ask friends and or on the various lists to check the site live in whatever device they may have available . Simulators are handy but they really do not offer direct user experience with functionality, usability, and readability

Why is the type so small?

How can I fix it?

Use media queries and set no font smaller than default [100%].
<http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/>

thanks all,
Sandy

Best,