Hey all-

In my last post, my problem was the main navigation at the top of the page.  I
was going to leave it in a "table" format for now, but the middle of the nav
produced a "gap" when stretched out.  Needing to fix that, I decided to go
ahead and re-write it without tables (Thanks Alan for a quick start on the code
from the last posting!).

I'm not quite sure of the best way to go about this but I ended up using an
unordered list to do the nav which seems to work.

My problem now (and I'm sure it's an easy fix) is to get the blue bar in the
image on the left to line up with the blue nav bar on the right.
Right now it is all in a div with "float: left".

I assume I need to create another div for the actual <ul> or the image so I can
manipulate the nav bar to be positioned correctly.  This is where I'm not sure
of the best way to go about this.  Would I "align left" the image, and then do
absolute positioning for the nav elements, or is there another way to have the
nav elements "butt against" the left image and align correctly?

I've removed most of the site except the top nav for ease of use:
http://new.thetoyz.com/index1.lasso

Here's the external styles used (I'm sure some of the declarations are not
needed - I've been playing around to see what works!):

#nav2 {
        width: 100%;
        float: left;
        margin: 0 0 3em 0;
        padding: 0;
        list-style: none;
        font-size: 12px;
        background-image:url(/graphics/nav_blue.jpg);
        background-repeat: repeat-x;
        color: #CCCCCC;
        font-weight: bold;
        border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc;
        border-top: 1px solid #ccc; }
#nav2 li {
        float: left;
/*      padding-top: 125px; */
        }
#nav2 li a {
        display: block;
        padding: 8px 15px;
        text-decoration: none;
        font-size: 12px;
        color: #CCCCCC;
        font-weight: bold;
        border-right: 1px solid #ccc; }

I guess my questions to the list are:
1. Is using a list tag a good way to go about this:
2. How to format it so I can align the image with the nav
3. any other tips (I'm new to using CSS to this extent!)

Thanks for taking a look!

James Sheffer,

The HigherPowered Team!

supp...@higherpowered.com          sa...@higherpowered.com
Web Design & Development             http://www.higherpowered.com
phone:  469-256-0268
"We help businesses succeed on the web!"