I have a block of content, and I'd like to overlay a transparent link on top of
the whole block -- where the link is active both on top of the text and in the
margins.  I created a link  (display block of the right dimensions)  and
absolutely positioned it over the containing  div that contains the content (as
well as the link). This works fine in all browsers but IE. In IE, the link is
only active in the margins - not directly over the text.  I've played around
with z-index. Do I have to create all text as links? Right now, they are p tags.

Thanks