On 4/17/11 8:17 PM, Keith Purtell wrote:
I'm about 85 percent done with my site. The pages look acceptable but
awaiting batch html/css validation. One thing I need to do is clean up
the main style sheet. I found some general tips about this (at
websiteoptimization.com), like ...

- Keith Purtell

Google, subject line: css speed optimization [?}.
Google, subject line: html speed optimization [?}.
Google, subject line: image speed optimization [?}.

It is important to keep the CSS lean and mean particularly if you attempt to hit mobile. Mimify the CSS [back up your original CSS first] or close-up the white space manually Only leave comments in the CSS that are necessary.

<aside id=:"who-cares">
The  black and white splash page seems to be a left-over from the 90s.
Why is all the type on the page with the 6 nav blocks oversize and bold; and, why is the header different on that page. What is the purpose of those 3 tiny little blue-like boxes at the bottom of each of the inside pages? Would the page look less dated if everything below the header was on the vanilla-like color?
Check your pages in the OperaMini Simulator.
<http://www.opera.com/mobile/demo/>
</aside>

~d

--