At 15:02 +0100 4/23/11, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

 You've missed the semi-colon after "width:
 800px" - I don't know if that might be causing problems in whichever
 browser you're using.

It's not missing, it is omitted; as in Algol-68, semi-colon
is a separator in CSS, not a terminator.

That is hands-down the best (as in most accurate and concise) explanation of the semicolon's role in CSS that I've ever seen. I'm definitely filing that one away for future use. Thank you!

--
Eric A. Meyer (http://meyerweb.com/eric/), List Chaperone
"CSS is much too interesting and elegant to be not taken seriously."