On 5 June 2011 14:38, Felix Miata <mrma...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> On 2011/06/05 12:30 (GMT+0100) Barney Carroll composed:
>
>> Sadly the only lesson we can take from this is that Tahoma has
>> too little in the way of letter-spacing to make for a pleasant web font.
>>

> Tahoma looks to me like little but Verdana with letter spacing reduced to
> nil and glyphs squeezed a tad. If Tahoma is something you really like, give
> DejaVu Sans Condensed a try.

DejaVu Sans Condensed is an absolutely lovely font and it's worth noting
that the whole DejaVu set can be @font-face embedded without legal worries.

Having said that Tahoma has more complex (and, IMO, more distracting and
readability-imparing) curves and tighter eyes that give it extra visible
'detail' — in that respect I'd recommend Lucida Sans Unicode as an
alternative to Tahoma — that's Sans Unicode as opposed to Grande, which
renders horrific on screen (particularly on PC).

Regards,
Barney Carroll

barney.carr...@gmail.com
07594 506 381