Felix Miata wrote:

I don't remember being able to notice any differences between Lucida Grande and Lucida Sans Unicode on any machine I had both installed on, though I've not checked in a while. OTOH, you probably won't find Grande on any system that doesn't have Safari installed unless you put it there yourself. Note, I never run Windows except with Cleartype enabled.

In my experience, exactly the opposite.  Based on well-meant advice, I
installed Lucida Grande for Windows/XP; results -- unreadable web
pages.  Lucida Sans Unicode I use all the time, with zero problems.

Philip Taylor