Philippe,
Thanks for checking.

> That is what I would expect :-)
> Unless specified MobileSafari assumes a viewport width of 980px. In your
> case, the page overflows (#container being 1014 wide).

But iOS Safari able to resize (downsize) a webpage to its viewport when no
viewport declared. Why is it not the background image? You probably has already
noticed, the contents are downsized to fit the viewport 768; also for landscape
view, the viewport is 1024, and since the container that holds the bg image is
1024 it shouldn't cut off the image, but it does. This is the reason I thought
it's a bug.

Tee