On 6/9/11 3:37 PM, Tom Livingston wrote:
Much to my dismay, the structure change didnt work - for other reasons
- so Im back with the original problem. If anyone finds the answer to
my original problem (see orig post), i'd be forever grateful...

Well if you think you are confused Tom, try spinning some pinwheels in my twisted little mind... What say we try this [if nothing else its entertaining] and see of IE 7 goes along with the program on your end?

html
<http://chelseacreekstudio.com/logic.htm>
css
header{position: relative; width: 955px; margin: 0 auto 0 auto; padding-top: 2em; min-height: 2.4em; z-index: /*50*/10;border: 1px solid red/*4 position only*/;}
Captures IE 7/8:
<http://home.browsercam.com/public.aspx?proj_id=554206>

Best,
~d