On Friday, June 10, 2011 2:37:38 pm Brian Kardell wrote:
> Could you not use visited?
>
> a:visited{
>     display:none;
> }

No.  that would be the exact opposite of what the OP wants.  that would make
the ending the reader chose inaccessible (and after choosing both endings,
*all* endings inaccessible).

Personally, I don't think CSS is the correct solution for this -- to work
effectively, it would have to remember across browser sessions, meaning a
cookie or something.  I'd be doing this in the server-side language that
builds the page.  If no link chosen, display both, and then make a record of
which was chosen, stored either on your server, or on the reader's computer.
And then check that file on the next page visit, to display the proper link.

---Tim