Am 29.11.11 17:11, schrieb David Laakso:

On 11/29/11 8:58 AM, Joergen W. Lang wrote:

looking into the possibilities of CSS media queries I found several
 sources that recommend using /min-device-pixel-ratio/ (and
friends) to check for high-resolution screens. Apparently this is
implemented in the form of several prefixed versions in webkit,
Opera and Gecko.

[...] I don't think there is a definitive answer to your question,
other than that-- "it depends."

Oh, sorry. Let me rephrase. My initial questions

Is this query supported? Will it be supported in the future? Is its
usage recommended?

were referring to support/endorsement by any official specification or recommendation. Did I miss something?

Yet, if anybody out there knows more, I'd appreciate your answer.

Jørgen Lang