On Nov 30, 2011, at 6:16 AM, Joergen W. Lang wrote:

>>> Is this query supported? Will it be supported in the future? Is its
>>> usage recommended?
>
> were referring to support/endorsement by any official specification or
> recommendation. Did I miss something?
>
> Yet, if anybody out there knows more, I'd appreciate your answer.

As far as I can tell, those queries are not yet part of any official document.
Presumably it will go into a future css4-mediaqueries module (I see no reason
why it wouldn't happen, given extensive prefixed browsers support, but my
crystal ball is rather cloudy and I can't see the future :-( )

Note that Opera – as of 10.5 –  uses a slightly different value that
Gecko/WebKit:
> @media screen and (min--moz-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5),
> screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio:1.5),
> only screen and (-o-min-device-pixel-ratio: 3/2)

Philippe
--
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com/