Hey David (H),

I've looked at each of your suggestions.  There's some very nice techniques
there.  I'm not sure they solve my problem though.

The layout ones are cool and a neat way of arranging things reliably and
consistently, although I'll need to dig deeper to really understand what
they're doing, but that might be a good system to adopt in general.

As for the other two solutions, I might be missing something but I'm not sure
they solve my problem either yet... However I'm looking deeper into those
currently too.  The sticky footer is onto something.

As noted in another reply, before you or anyone else tries to help any further,
let me get a copy of this up on a server somewhere (I've been building it
locally for the moment) and then post the question again where you can all see
what's going on.  That'll be a couple of days probably.

Thanks again!
David (T).