At 17:32 -0600 on 04/14/2012, Debbie Campbell wrote about [css-d]
question on media queries and full screen browsers:

I'm using media queries for desktop vs. tablet vs. smartphone on my
site (and the media query code is taken directly from the developer
of the Lynda.com adaptive design course).

[snip]

I don't know how to fix this, especially since I can't see it
happening. Can someone help?

At 11:04 -0400 on 04/15/2012, Robert A. Rosenberg replied:

I think the value of device-width (ie: The Current Window Width is
available to PHP? If so, you might want to add some debugging code to
supply it as a readable display on the page. That would show
something for the user who is getting the wrong style sheet to
report. Also put out a set of debugging comments on the page that
report on which style sheet is being selected (in the style sheet
have the lines marked as visibility:hidden except for the one that
IDs THAT style sheet). You can also insert the two device-width
values in each line if available.

That sounds very useful Robert - unfortunately I don't know how to add the debugging code/comments you mentioned. Can you point me to some instructions for learning how to do this? Happy to do it if I knew how.

--
Debbie