Hi again!

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Philippe Wittenbergh <e...@l-c-n.com> wrote:
> It might be, but then, maybe not.
> What if you don't want your media query to affect media="print" ?

Hmmm, good point. In this case, I don't. :D

> (quality printing from a web browser is still an exercise in craziness...)

Lol! I have not had to deal with print style sheets for a while...
Though, for my latest project, print style sheets are right around the
corner. I'd rather make sure my MQs are solid now, rather than later
when my deadline is that much closer.

> But you're right, the 'only screen' or 'screen' part is optional.

That's good to know.

I was just reading the docs at w3.org:

"The keyword 'only' can also be used to hide style sheets from older
user agents. User agents must process media queries starting with
'only' as if the 'only' keyword was not present. "

Hmmm, based on that info, if I omit "only screen", what does that do
to older browsers (say, IE6 for example)? Hehe, looks like I need to
do a lot more reading. :)

> That would never work, unless the targeted user agent understands
> _all_ vendor prefixes. The 'and' operator means that both, or all,
> conditions must be true.

Another great point!

Hmmm, maybe I missed it in the w3.org docs, but I wonder why there's
not an "or" operator?

> You could write:
> @media (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio:2),
> (-o-min-device-pixel-ratio:2),
> (min--moz-device-pixel-ratio:2) {
>         /* stuff */
> }

Cool! That's definitely more readable. I'll take that for test drive. :)

Thanks again for tips and code samples, I really appreciate it.

Have an awesome day!!!!

Cheers,
Micky