The space between block-level elements is usually a result of user agent
styles (the default browser CSS), and all the ones I know of apply this to
paragraph elements. Reset stylesheets are popularly used to override these
defaults, and it's quite common for people to later specify their own.

Use a web inspector (right-click option on most modern browsers) to see
what styles are being applied to the elements in question. Chances are a
CSS rule somewhere has set the margin property to 0.

I would recommend writing your own rules for spacing (again, using margins)
between elements as the defaults are not standardised of guaranteed, and as
such cannot be relied upon.

On Thursday, 20 December 2012, Brian M. Curran wrote:

> Hi!
> Sorry, I don't have a link to share. I'm working off my desktop.
>
> Problem:
>
> I've written paragraphs using <p></p> tags. However, there is no space
> between the sets of p tags. Anyone know what would cause the space between
> paragraphs to collapse?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Regards,