I've been doing some googling and not having great luck in solving this
problem. I've got some old pixel-based layouts that I'm trying to
"retrofit" to responsive layouts. I know all about the magic "target /
context = result%" formula for figuring percentage-based widths, but what I
can't figure out how to do is how to set the height of an element relative
to the element's width, so it maintains the same proportions as it is
resized. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Kyle

--
Kyle G Sessions
Berkeley Electronic Press

510-665-1200 + 128

www.bepress.com

bepress: the frontier of scholarly publishing since 1999

Check out IR success stories on the DC Telegraph at
http://blog.digitalcommons.bepress.com